The Silverson Ultramix mixes in problematic environments, such as the difficult vessel geometry of intermediate bulk containers (IBCs) and tote bins. The company says that the mixers also offer:
- Designed for shear-sensitive applications, requiring mixing capabilities beyond the scope of conventional agitators, they produce a highly efficient in-tank movement.
- Because of the small diameter of the single-piece dynamic workhead, they can provide effective high-shear mixing — even in vessels with narrow openings.
- Offering one of the cleanest methods of in-tank mixing available on the market, they also provide rapid blending, dispersion and dissolving of ingredients for a wide range of applications within the food, pharmaceutical, personal care and chemical industries.
- They can process volumes from laboratory scale up to 1,800 gallons, depending on viscosity, with larger units available upon request.
- They are also suitable for bulk powder dispersion, deagglomeration, gelation, reaction acceleration, suspension and processing high-viscosity mixes.