Robolux multiport diaphragm valve solutions from Burkert redefine the space/performance ratio, especially in downstream processes such as ultra-filtration and chromatography. The company says that the valves are further characterized by:
- With increased functionality in an even more compact design, the multiport double-weir design provides for multiple flow paths while greatly reducing contact surfaces and hold-up volume.
- The dual piston automatic actuator design combines the functionality of two actuators into one actuator assembly, greatly reducing the dimensional envelope of standard diaphragm valve assemblies.
- The increased functionality — two shut-off valves in a single housing — not only reduces the envelope and footprint of the assembly, but also provides for higher yields by greatly reducing contact surfaces and hold-up volume.
- The number of valve body diaphragms and weldments that would usually be required in conventional designs is minimized.
- The valve provides crucial savings in terms of space requirement, installation and maintenance costs.
- It is offered with a wide variety of body materials, including 316L stainless steel, PVDF or PP plastic.
- The valve can be easily adapted for anything from the biopharmaceutical and food industries to the chemical and photo industries.