Charles Ross & Son introduces its CDA-30C portable dual-shaft mixer with a working capacity of 10 to 30 gallons. According to the company, other features include:
- Independently controlled agitators, so the system is versatile in terms of fine-tuning shear levels and flow patterns over a wide viscosity range.
- Accommodations for pastes, gels, suspensions, slurries and other viscous dispersions.
- An air/oil hydraulic lift to raise and lower the agitators.
- A 3-HP 2-wing anchor and a 5-HP high -speed disperser.
- A jacketed vacuum-rated mix can for heating and cooling purposes.
- Hinged Teflon scrapers attached to the wings of the anchor agitator for wiping the sidewalls and cone-shaped vessel bottom.
- A Type J thermoprobe installed on the mixer cover to extend to the center of the batch for accurate temperature monitoring.
- A NEMA 4X purged operator control panel where temperature, speeds, vacuum level and other readouts are located.
- Mounting on a stainless steel support frame with locking casters designed for complete portability and stability when in use.