Pfaudler has designed its crystal-clear TBX turbine with low-shearing capabilities and presents it as optimally suited for crystallization processes in the pharmaceutical industry. The company believes that the TXB also grants:
- The mixing of floating solids as a result of the pumping performance of 8 blades (2 TBXs on top of each other), which corresponds to an improvement of around 60 percent compared to 4 blades.
- 4 blades, with a 45° angle between blades to facilitate the introduction of the agitator to the reactor and provide easier cleaning than 2-hub impellers, on a single hub.
- Accommodations for reactors that hold up to 8,000 liters, as well as compatibility with the upper level of dual-impeller agitating systems.
- The company’s smoother, cleaner, more resistant PharmaGlass (PPG) coating, which improves the axial mixing effect in the reactor and reduces heating/cooling times, based on improved heat transfer.
- The flexibility to significantly reduce RPMs for sensitive applications, so product is treated even more gently.
- Suitability as a single- or multi-step system for producing solid suspensions.
- Simple installation of an 8-blade agitator without making additional modifications to existing 2-level agitator shafts.