Siemens has introduced the addition of FM Class 1 Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D, and FM Class 1, Zone 1 AEx d (ia) ia/IIC/T3-T6 approvals for the company’s ½ to 12-inch line of Sitrans magnetic flow meters. According to the company:
- For line sizes larger than 12 inches, Siemens is now offering sensors and transmitters that carry the FM Class 1, Zone 1 AEx d e (ia) ia/IIC/T3-T6 approval.
- The approvals are available for Mag 3100 Series # 7ME6310, Mag 3100 HT Series #7ME6320 and Mag 3100 P Series # 7ME6330 flow sensors.
- Sitrans FM magnetic flow meters (magmeters) are designed to measure the flow of almost any electrically conductive liquid, as well as sludges, pastes and slurries.
- The meters are designed for flexibility at the operational level, easy commissioning, simple operation, maintenance and service, expandability and in-depth diagnostics.
- The new approvals are relevant to customers in the water/wastewater, chemical and industrial markets.