Newcastle Systems offers the Power Swap System as a solution that enables the company’s NB Series mobile powered workstations to operate 24 hours a day with no break for recharging. The company says that this pairing is also characterized by:
- To run computers, printers, scales, testers, barcode scanners and other electronic hardware, these easily maneuvered workstations provide clean, seamless AC power without the hassles of extension cords or ceiling drops.
- A convenient alternative to purchasing a second workstation, the system is ideal for facilities with multiple work shifts or applications that draw enough power to shorten typical battery life.
- The new power units are on swivel casters, and their connectors mate easily with the workstation’s ports.
- A unit with a depleted battery can be swapped with a fully charged one in only 30 seconds.
- Housed in sealed, fully ventilated steel cabinets (16 by 16 by 12 inches) with built-in handles and cord holders, the new power units each include a UL- and CSA-approved inverter/charger package and a digital remote meter with a color-coded LED display that provides battery status and an audible low-voltage alert.
- The units are available with one battery (100 AH) or two (200 AH).
- These patented, ergonomic workstations can power up to four devices simultaneously.
- Adjustable shelves can hold up to 75 pounds each.