The new SGV vortex pump head for Vanton SUMP-GARD® vertical thermoplastic pumps handles fluids and slurries containing stringy materials or solids up to 2 inches (51 mm) in diameter. According to the company, the head is also highlighted by:
- The corrosion-free, abrasion-resistant handling of acids, caustics and a wide range of solids-laden wastes at temperatures up to 275°F (135°C).
- A recessed, dynamically balanced clog-free impeller that permits solids to pass through the pump without blockage.
- Solid thermoplastic construction of all wetted components.
- Availability of abrasion-resistant polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) or polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), which are chemically inert to the corrosive fluids they are specified to handle, on all fluid-contact components of the pump.
- A heavy-duty stainless steel shaft that is fully isolated from the fluid by a thick-sectioned thermoplastic sleeve, eliminating metal contact with the pumped fluid.
- Compatibility with Vanton SG Series sump pumps for depths to 20 feet (6.1 m), and SGK cantilevered bearingless run-dry pumps for depths to 4 feet (1.2 m).