The Messenger remote monitoring unit from Global Monitoring ensures proper operation of remediation systems associated with the cleanup of leaking underground storage tanks. The company believes that this integrated telemetry, data logger and alarm system provides:
- Remote monitoring and control of remediation systems, offering real-time views of data in a variety of communication formats, including standard telephone line interface, cellular data or Ethernet.
- The generation of alarms to a pre-programmed set of telephone numbers to notify key personnel of any anomaly.
- On-board data logging that stores a history of operations.
- A status display of different remediation system parameters, including water levels, ambient temperature, power, blower and pump operation, and others as selected by the user.
- The convenience of dial-in/out capabilities for periodic system checks.
- The flexibility to be programmed to notify personnel when system components malfunction.
- The ability to start, stop or reset equipment remotely, reducing the need to dispatch a technician. Limited password-protected access to verify operations simply by making a phone call.
- Configurability with standard 0- to 5-V, 4- to 20-mA or dry contact sensors, and expansion to 16 inputs.