Kardex Remstar introduces its Megamat RS Model 650 vertical carousel with a carrier weight capacity nearly double the Megamat RS 350 unit for operations with heavy parts. According to the company, the Megamat RS 650 also boasts:
- The ability to hold up to 1,433 pounds per carrier with a total unit load of 41,887 pounds.
- Operaton on the goods-to-person concept, presenting stored goods to the operator in order to eliminate walk and search time associated with standard shelving.
- Vertical rotation of the carriers within enclosed units with the push of a button, delivering stored goods to the operator through 1 or more ergonomic access openings.
- Availability in a variety of widths — from 10.42 to 13 feet — depths from 5.14 to 5.62 feet — and heights from 7.75 to 32.85 feet.
- Suitability for heavy-duty operations storage.
- The flexibility to be equipped with inserts, rollout drawers, intermediate shelves, partitions, dividers, and specialty holders to create an ergonomic solution for storing and retrieving heavy parts.
- A freestanding solution, or integration with an existing workforce management software or ERP system.