Kin-Tek Trace Source™ FPK Gas Permeation Tubes are used with FlexStream™ or Span Pac™ I Gas Standards Generators to dynamically generate ppb calibration standards of arsine in a matrix of nitrogen, air or polymerization grade ethylene or propylene. According to the company:
- Concentrations from below 10ppb to over 500ppb can be produced.
- The tubes emit a small, steady flow of arsine vapor that is set by the temperature of the tube.
- That flow is mixed in the standards generator with a controlled flow of clean matrix gas to form the calibration gas mixture.
- Mixture concentration is adjusted by changing the matrix gas flow rate.
- Calibration based on the Standard Additions Principle compensates for unknown residual arsine in the matrix gas.
- To minimize the hazard of working with arsine, FPK tubes contain only vapor phase at low pressure.
- Tubes can be totally sealed for storage and shipping so that there is no fugitive emission of arsine.