Spectronics Corp. has introduced a full line of Spectroline® fluorescent leak-detection dyes specially formulated for oil-based industrial fluid systems. According to the company:
- Dyes are available in a choice of seven distinct colors to help differentiate between leaking fluid systems, especially those leaks where portions of the hoses are hidden from view.
- OIL-GLO™ 22, OIL-GLO™ 30, OIL-GLO™ 33, OIL-GLO™ 40, OIL-GLO™ 44, OIL-GLO™ 45 and OIL-GLO™ 50 dyes glow yellow, white, green, bright blue, yellow/green, blue and red, respectively.
- They work with any host fluid and will not damage the fluid’s properties or the system’s components.
- They can remain safely in the system for periodic re-checks until the oil is changed as part of a preventive maintenance program.
- Manufactured to the highest quality, all are filtered down to 2 microns.
- Just add a small amount of dye to any oil-based system and allow it to circulate; wherever there is a leak, the dye escapes with the system oil and remains at the site of all leaks — even the smallest and most elusive leaks.