Industrial Magnetics’ patented family of Transporter® LP magnetic end-of-arm tooling is now available with a British Standard Pipe Parallel thread (BSPP) fitting on 3-inch (dia.) models. According to the company, other features include:
- The magnetic transfer of metal blanks, stampings and parts in automated station-to-station, press-to-press transfer and robotic pick-and-place applications.
- Powerful rare earth magnets that positively hold the part during transfer — even during unexpected loss of shop air.
- Less chances for slipping and shifting of parts due to mill oil coatings, dust, dirt, rust or weld splatter.
- A short, single burst of shop air to quickly release parts.
- A reduction over vacuum and suction cups in shop air costs.
- More options for pick-up points on stamped, perforated and odd-shaped parts.
- The direct replacement of vacuum cups with minor tooling adjustments.
- Easy installation into existing air connections on tooling booms or robotic face plates.
- Suitability for the material-handling industry.