ACS Valves’ new SD Series rotary valves are designed to provide increased bulk material throughput efficiency in feeding and metering applications, when compared to standard 8-vane rotary valves. According to the company, the new valves offer:
- A larger pocket area between the vanes of the rotor; enabling greater pocket-fill capacity.
- The ability to move over 5 percent more cubic feet/revolution (CFR) of bulk material.
- Improved complete release of materials from the rotor pocket.
- Superior strength in the composition and solidification of the housing’s metallurgy, without dimples, crevices, and pits on the housing’s product contact areas and other surfaces (cast in North America).
- CNC-machined to precise tolerances, they help eliminate axial shaft movement, seal leakage and shortened bearing life.
- A standard 6-vane rotor design, which provides sufficient inlet and outlet sealing, maintains proper pressure differentials upstream and downstream of the SD Series valve, and reduces compressed air requirements.
- Availability in cast iron or 304 or 316 stainless steel; four square-flange sizes from 6 inches to 12 inches; and four heights from 10 inches to 18 inches.
- Excellent performance in temperature applications up to 250ºF.