Camfil Farr APC introduces a new spark arrestor to protect its Gold Series® cartridge dust and fume collection systems. The company attests that the new spark arrestor features:
- The creation of torturous paths to give sparks and embers more time to lose energy as they are directed to a safe area, while adding very little static pressure loss to the system.
- No need for perforations or screens to take control of sparks and channel them away from the filters and into the dust collector's hopper, reducing the chance of fire.
- Less chance to plug and accumulate material than perforated spark baffle systems.
- Reversible inlet transition that provides horizontal or vertical entry without compromising control of the spark.
- The capacity to handle a maximum of 10,000 CFM, although the optimal volume is 7,000 CFM. Modular construction, making the unit possible to handle varying air flow volumes.
- An access door to clean out debris that may enter the dust collection system.
- Suitability for spark-producing operations that do not involve combustible dust.