Supercritical Fluid Technologies Inc.’s SFT-250 supercritical fluid extractor (SFE) is designed to perform a variety of extractions in supercritical fluid, and is also engineered to meet the day-to-day rigors of the research lab. The company says that the extractor:
- May be used for small-scale pilot processing.
- Is simple to operate and easy to modify for evolving applications needs.
- Features an extraction vessel that is forged from durable stainless steel; vessels can range in size from 100 mL to 5 liters.
- Offers a wide range of operations pressures (up to 10,000 psi) and temperatures (ambient to 200°C).
- Is controlled by PID controllers, which manage pumping rates, pressures, temperature zones and safety interlocks.
- Is available with upgrades, including various co-solvent modules, data logging and flow control automation.