Solartron now offers an integrated flowmetering solution on its digital Seastream flowmeters, thereby eliminating the need to manually enter complex flow algorithms into a master control system. According to the company, its built-in Seastream FloCalculator flowmeter additionally delivers:
- Mass flow, actual volumetric and standard volumetric flow rates, along with standard process variable outputs.
- The capability to measure differential pressure, pressure and temperature.
- The power to produce differential pressure and pressure variables as standard, while the process temperature can be fed in from a network master manually or read directly from an external sensor.
- Accuracy and simplicity through a direct flow measurement output, resulting in a lower cost and enhanced well production.
- Suitability for subsea applications, ensuring compatibility with other project equipment, such as remotely operated vehicles, subsea trees, gathering lines, available power and communication protocols.
- A high level of customization with advanced set-up parameters, such as temperature correction method, actual fluid density method, polynomial coefficients and meter calibration data.
- Configurability using off-the-shelf CANopen network software.