Oil Filtration Systems recently released its fuel filtration and fuel coalescer equipment to remove particulate and water contamination from #2 diesel and other combustion fuels. According to the company, these custom-built filter housing assemblies additionally grant:
- The removal of fuel contaminants via high-efficiency filter elements that remove particulate down to 1 micron to meet or exceed specifications as low as ISO 14/12/11, while high-efficiency coalescer and separator elements remove free water to less than 50-PPM levels.
- The flexibility to remove contamination from medium unleaded gasoline, light fuel oil, naphtha and alcohols.
- The capacity to handle flow rates as little as 50 GPM, or as much as 2,000 GPM or more.
- The prevention of fouling and clogging of fuel injectors on turbine generators, and newer Tier 2 and 3 diesel engines.
- The capability to prevent premature plugging of fuel filters on larger off-road equipment.
- The power to ensure that #2 diesel fuel meets or exceeds all stringent new fuel oil cleanliness specifications set by major turbine generator and large off-road equipment manufacturers.
- Suitability for #2 diesel fuel for use in turbines, as well as high-sulfur and low-sulfur #2 diesel fuel for use in CAT® haul trucks and other large mobile equipment.