KIN-TEK Laboratories Inc.’s FlexStream™ computer-controlled gas-standards generating system blends calibration gas standards for trace sulfur compounds in food-grade carbon dioxide. According to the company:
- Trace Source™ permeation tubes add low ppb concentrations of typical sulfur species including COS, H2S, mercaptans directly to a controlled flow of purified, beverage grade CO2 to create trace concentration calibration standards.
- Residual background contamination in the CO2 matrix gas is compensated for by using the standard additions technique.
- A secondary dilution feature gives ppt concentrations.
- Concentration is adjustable over a wide dynamic range.
- Mixture concentrations are traceable to NIST through physical standards.