Torrey Pines Scientific’s EchoTherm™ programmable, corrosion-resistant, digital stirring hot plates are designed for use with aggressive chemicals in environments where other stirring hot plates would be destroyed by vapors or spills. The company says that the hot plates feature:
- Model HS70 hot plates are designed to be purged using an inert gas through a fitting on the rear of the chassis, providing a positive pressure inside the unit to prevent corrosive gasses from entering.
- 10-program memory with 10 steps per program, temperature ramping, RS232 I/O port, membrane keyboard and full-function liquid crystal display where all parameters are continuously visible.
- Heater tops are 8-inch square solid ceramic with 600 watts of power.
- Temperatures can be set to 450°C, units are readable and settable to 1°C and accuracy is 1 percent over the entire temperature range.
- Temperature control is by PID software and is controlled to ±1°C or ±1ºF.
- Stirrer speeds can be set from 100 to 1500 rpm; temperature ramping can be set from 1ºC/hour to 450ºC/hour in 1ºC increments.
- The built-in timer is settable to 99 hours and is readable to 1 second.
- The units, made in the USA, are available in 100, 115, and 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz models, and are UL, CSA and CE or equivalent agency certified and available in voltages for use anywhere in the world.