Xylem Inc. has launched Flygt APP 800, a next-generation pump controller that provides a clear view of a plant’s energy consumption and the true cost of pumping operations. According to the company:
- Unlike general-purpose program logic control (PLC) systems, this controller is specifically engineered to control water and wastewater transport systems.
- An embedded web server gives operators access to critical data from anywhere allowing them to monitor equipment, troubleshoot and identify trends, diagnose and resolve issues quickly and easily, all from a remote location.
- The system that provides ease of operation, flexibility and reliability, ensuring more uptime, greater energy savings and less operating and maintenance costs.
- It is modular and scalable, allowing flexibility to tailor for future expansions with just a few pushes of a button on a user-friendly touch screen.
- User configurable hydraulic algorithms allow operators to change the way the system runs based on long-term needs.
- New features include: enhanced system flexibility with state-of-the-art pump modules; improved connectivity; a color touchscreen; easy-to-use intuitive graphical interface; and full telemetry and alarm handling distribution, data logging and data storage, recording data, time and details for up to 1,000 events.