ExperTune’s PlantTriage now delivers control system diagnostics within an hour. The company says that the solution is characterized by:
- PlantTriage Configuration Wizards automate the configuration tasks.
- The new wizards automatically extract the DCS controller configuration, with the user supplying only the most basic information, such as tag names.
- The wizard then uses its knowledge of the control system to immediately gather data from the control system, including gathering loop configuration information such as engineering units and spans, as well as tuning parameters.
- PlantTriage then has immediate access to up-to-the-second information about the controller modes, setpoint and process variable.
- The collected data feeds ExperTune’s PlantTriage, which can diagnose control system issues within an hour after the wizard runs.
- The diagnostics identify faulty instruments, control valves and tuning, as well as process issues, such as constraints and upstream disturbances.
- Wizards are specific to each type of DCS or PLC.
- Wizards are available for most common control systems, including: Invensys, Honeywell, Siemens, Rockwell and Bailey.
- The wizards are available in ExperTune’s PlantTriage Version 11.
- Existing PlantTriage users will automatically receive the wizards at no charge, as part of their software maintenance agreement.