Yokogawa Electric Corp. announces the development of Release 5.02 of the CENTUM® VP integrated production control system, the company’s flagship product. According to the company:
- Yokogawa has been continuously developing and enhancing CENTUM VP as the cornerstone of the VigilantPlant® business concept for operational excellence.
- To give operators better access to essential information, Yokogawa has developed new functions that improve the operability of the control and monitoring displays.
- In addition, a PROFIBUS communication function has been enhanced to give operators the full benefits of field digital communications.
- CENTUM VP Release 5.02 includes a function that uses instrument tag names to create hierarchies that allow operators to quickly and easily access information on the status of plant operations.
- Additional changes that improve operational and maintenance efficiency include more memory for the storage of historical data, improved graphic display operability, enhanced control logic correlation and standardized printing formats.
- A newly released communication module, the ALP121, complies with the PROFIBUS communication standard that has been widely adopted by the chemical and other industries, primarily in Europe.