Dortronics Inc. has added 5278 Series proximity-activated switches and SS5000 Series surface-mount back boxes to its industry-leading line of access-control solutions. The company says that the solutions are characterized by:
- Engineered with an imbedded optical sensor that picks up motion within a 4-inch range of the face plate.
- If inadvertently touched, the sensor will pick up the motion before actual contact, resulting in normal operation.
- The switch also features an illuminated LED ring that designates switch status and allows for visibility under low-light conditions.
- Designed for easy installation and integration with card access systems, the 5278 is available as single or double plate.
- For use with the company's piezo switches and other door control devices.
- Available in single gang back box and a narrow jamb-mount box styles, the two new back boxes expand installation flexibility and can be used indoors or outdoors in a harsh environment.
- The back boxes feature radiused corners and a brushed 630 finish for added aesthetic appeal.