Oldham recently announced that its OLCT IR infrared fixed gas detector has been independently tested according to IEC/EN 60529 and has been awarded the IP67 protection degree. According to the company, the OLCT additionally offers:
- Optimal reliability due to reinforced ingress protection, a 316L stainless steel enclosure, dual-source 4-beam technology and heated optics.
- Protection against dust and the effect of immersion in up to 1 m of water.
- A mean time between failure of 28 years, which was also calculated by an independent testing facility.
- SIL2 certification according to EN 50402 and IEC/EN 61508, as well as compliance with ATEX, IECEx, IN METRO, NEPSI, GOST R and GOST K.
- Suitability for use in harsh environments, such as offshore oil and gas platforms, refineries, liquefied natural/petroleum gas plants, gas terminals, floating production storage and offloading vessels, gas compressor stations and gas turbine power plants.
- A 5-year warranty.
- Availability of a low-temperature version to allow operation down to -50°C.