Neptune™ Chemical Pump Co. has designed its 500-D Series Hydraulic Diaphragm Metering Pumps for use in a wide array of industries and applications, from mining and agriculture to industrial and municipal water treatment. According to the company, the pumps feature:
- EZE-CLEAN™ valve cartridges that can be removed from the pump heads without having to disturb the pump’s piping.
- Variable Oil By-pass ™ stroke adjustment that provides better valve performance than variable-linkage designs.
- Double ball-check valves, internal relief valve and a hydraulically balanced Teflon® diaphragm for extended life.
- Optional features, including an automatic flow-rate adjustment using an electronic stroke controller and variable frequency drives.
- Pump head materials of construction are 316 stainless steel, C-20, PVC and Kynar.
- Material options for the ball check valves are 316 stainless body and seat with 316 balls, PVC body and seat with ceramic balls, C-20 body and seat with C20 balls, and Kynar body and seat with ceramic balls.
- Flow rates at 100 psi (60 Hz) range from 1 to 60 gph (4 to 228 lph) depending on gear ratios of 37, 72, 117 and 144 strokes per minute.
- Maximum operating pressure is 3,000 psi (207 bar) and maximum temperature of 200ºF (93ºC) for 316 stainless steel and C-20; maximum pressure and temperature of PVC is 400 psi and 125ºF; and the maximum pressure and temperature of Kynar is 150 psi and 200ºF.