Baumer’s LBFS level switch, which is a reliable alternative to widely used vibratory level switches, can also detect the levels of viscous or dry materials and can be fitted on tanks or pipes in any desired position. According to the company, the sensor, which is insensitive to flow, turbulence, bubbles or foaming and suspended solids, additionally features:
- A compact, smooth sensor head that resists media adhesion, even with sticky media.
- Short response time, which enables rapid fill-level detection and accurate, reliable fill-level compliance.
- The ability to detect media levels in tanks, vessels and pipes, and it can also be used for overflow prevention, pump protection against dry running, and media separation with oil/water mixtures.
- Suitability for applications including domestic water, wastewater, HVAC filters, hydraulic systems, oil and gas, bio-energy, wood pellets, grain mills, rail transport and pump systems.
- A compact, extremely sturdy and corrosion-resistant stainless-steel enclosure.
- Easy installation using the Teflon tape sealing.
- Convenient configuration is facilitated by the PC-based FlexProgrammer 9701.
- A wide-rated operating temperature range of -40 to +115 °C.
- High sensitivity over a large measuring range for dielectric constants from 1.5 to over 100 enables limit detection with all types of powders, granulates and liquids.