The new FlowCAM® PV Series particle analysis system from Fluid Imaging Technologies features two new analyzers that are pre-configured to promote maximum speed, efficiency, accuracy and repeatability in laboratories where analyses are repeatedly performed on the same products and/or on particles within the same size range. According to the company, the FlowCAM PV-5x and FlowCAM PV-10x Particle Vision analyzers:
- Enable virtually any laboratory technician to simply load the sample, press start and walk away while the sample runs automatically and unattended.
- Detect thousands of particles and microorganisms in a sample in less than a minute, and take a hi-resolution, full color digital image of each one while measuring them based on the actual size and shape of the images and characterizing them with up to 32 different parameters — all in real-time.
- Save each individual image with its corresponding data set and date stamped for easy comparison, in-depth analysis and collaborative review.
- Were developed for laboratory managers, chemical engineers, food technologists, pharmaceutical chemists, water engineers, research scientists and other professionals.
- Process both liquid and fluidized dry products with particles ranging from 2 um to 800 um in size and samples as small as .1 ml with up to 90-percent volume efficiency in a compact, space-saving design.