American Sensor Technologies (AST) has introduced an innovative pressure/temperature sensor and pressure/temperature transmitter that provides both pressure and temperature outputs from a single process point. According to the company, key features include:
- The dual output configuration reduces process penetration points and leaks that are important considerations in critical systems such as hydrogen, oxygen, heavy oil processing, hydraulics, analyzers, offshore, pipelines and ammonia systems.
- In addition to saving money by performing the task of two units, the Model AST20PT Stainless Steel Media Isolated Pressure/Temperature Sensor and Model AST46PT Explosion-proof Pressure/Temperature Transmitter also are ideal for low-power systems as both a pressure and temperature reading are generated with the power consumption of one sensor.
- Incorporating a microprocessor-controlled design, along with AST’s proven one-piece body construction, both the Model AST20PT Sensor and Model AST46PT Transmitter offer high-accuracy pressure and temperature measurements of +/-0.1 percent and 1.0 percent BFSL, respectively.
- Both units are available in various temperature ranges from -40° to 250°F (-40° to 125°C).
- While the Model AST46PT is offered in pressure ranges up to up to 20,000 PSI (1,400 Bar), the Model AST20PT is available in pressure ranges up to 45,000 PSI (3,100 Bar).
- Both units can be constructed in a wide range of wetted materials, including high-quality stainless steels and superalloys: 17-4PH SS, 316L SS, Inconel 718, Waspalloy and Hastelloy C-276.
- The Model AST46PT is also CSA-approved for use in hazardous areas including Class 1 Div 1 Explosion proof Groups A, B, C and D, and for mining applications, Class 2 Div 1 Groups E, F and G.