The Drives & Motion Division of Yaskawa America, Inc. has released the Z1000 family of HVAC drives, which is comprised of the Z1000 variable speed drive as well as the Z1000 Bypass Package designed specifically for commercial HVAC applications. According to the company, they are characterized by:
Z1000 Variable Speed Drive
- Designed for building automation applications such as fans, pumps, and cooling towers through 500 HP.
- An easy-to-read LCD operator with Hand-Off-Auto functions.
- An internal real-time clock with time /date stamping and timer controls.
- A built-in 5 percent line impedance reduces input harmonic distortion, while a 5 kHz carrier frequency with dynamic noise control provides quiet motor operation.
- An on-board EMI/RFI filter compliant with IEC 61800-3 minimizes interference of surrounding equipment.
- Embedded BACnet communications (BTL certified), along with Modbus/Memobus.
- Closed-loop control of fans and pumps for pressure, flow, or temperature regulation is accomplished via the Z1000’s PI feature, which eliminates the need for a closed loop output signal from a BAS.
- Independent PI is also available to control an external device in your system.
- Available NEMA 1 models include ratings of 3 to 150 HP (208V) and 3 to 500 HP (480V).
- A sealed heatsink allows the drives to be mounted in a NEMA 12 enclosure with heatsink external.
- All Z1000 drives are Plenum Rated (UL 1995), Seismic Rated (March 2012), and made with RoHS compliant materials.
The Z1000 Bypass Package
- Optimized with an Intelligent Bypass and advance BAS interface, the design sets a new benchmark for performance, benefits and quality.
- The Intelligent Bypass, when enabled, can transfer the motor across the line when the application requires 60Hz.
- Removing the drive at 60 Hz saves energy and removes harmonics at worse-case conditions.
- Available NEMA 1 models include ratings of 1 to 150 HP (208V) and 1 to 500 HP (480V).