MYNAH Technologies recently released the MiMiC Debutanizer operator training package for teaching safe and effective operations of distillation columns. According to the company, this high-fidelity operator training system also offers:
- The ability to teach process and automation engineers the use and design of process controls for distillation towers.
- A preconfigured and tested high-fidelity dynamic model of a working debutanizer column.
- MiMiC Distillation advanced modeling objects for dynamic, accurate process responses.
- 13 prebuilt training scenarios that cover instrument failures, feed upsets, atmospheric changes and process failures.
- Process control configurations in MiMiC models and Component Studio graphics, as well as DeltaV Simulate modules and DeltaV Operate graphics.
- MiMiC Component Studio Instructor Station graphics.
- Process snapshots for full production, production at 33 percent and column total reflux.
- Full MiMiC software license for customization of user requirements or as a starting point for customer operator training systems.
- The flexibility to work with any control system and be customized to perform like any installed column.