METTLER TOLEDO’s GPro 500 oxygen sensor offers exceptional measuring performance and easy installation, and requires little or no maintenance. According to the company:
- Tunable Diode Laser (TDL) gas analyzers are a significant improvement over extractive analysis systems: No sample extraction or conditioning is necessary; they are immune to interference from moisture, dust or background gases; and they exhibit very low drift.
- The company has combined TDL technology with their expertise in industrial application analytical instrument design to create a probe that delivers the convenience of an in-line sensor and the level of measurement confidence of a top line analyzer.
- The GPro 500 incorporates a probe that reflects the laser beam back to the receiver in the sensor head, therefore alignment is never required.
- Because the laser beam travels twice through the gas stream, the optical path length is doubled, resulting in more accurate O2 measurement
- Intelligent Sensor Management (ISM) technology adds to the features by incorporating predictive diagnostics that continually assess the optical path quality and indicate when cleaning is required, before measurements are affected.
- Other than yearly verification and occasional cleaning of the optics, no other maintenance is required.
- The GPro 500 can be left to provide real-time, continuous, accurate O2 measurements, enhancing process safety at all times.