Midwest Motion Products Inc. now offers the Model No. MMP D22-490F-36V GP52-124 BR-005, a new DC gear motor with an integral failsafe brake. According to the company, the gear motor is characterized by:
- Accepting any 36 Volt DC source, including solar or battery power, it measures just 2.24 inches in diameter by 9.25 inches long, including the failsafe brake.
- It has a keyed output shaft of 12 millimeters in diameter by 25 millimeters long.
- Easy mounting is accomplished with four “face mount” M5 threaded holes.
- The output is rated for 217 Lb. In. (25 Nm) torque, at 26 RPM.
- Despite its compact size and weight of approximately 5 pounds, it features an efficient design, requiring just 3.0 amps at 36 volts DC to generate its full load torque.
- It offers long life battery charge, very low noise operation, and lower costs for related drive electronics.
- This unique design is rated at an “IP 54” protection level for operation in harsh environments.
- Variable speed control can be accomplished with the company’s fully compatible Speed Controls, Model MMP 25A-48V, or MMP 20A-48V-RSP.