The RNT-CON contained rip-and-tip dump station from Volkmann permits the dust- and contamination-free opening and discharging of high-quality, high-potency powders and fines from bags, boxes and small containers. According to the company, the rip-and-tip dump station additionally boasts:
- Safe and hygienic handling of materials, which helps processors meet increasingly demanding operator safety and environmental regulations.
- A roller conveyor that semi-automatically feeds bags or containers through a dust lock into the unloading chamber (or isolator) with an integral glove box.
- The ability to use the glove box to manually open and discharge containers into the feeding hopper.
- An isolator that uses negative pressure to contain powders or fines.
- A vacuum conveyor to transfer material to the next stage in the process.
- The convenience of flushing the closed unloading chamber from within using a hand washing gun or WIP/CIP.
- Emptied bags, which are brought out through a port to a modular bag compactor or endless liner.
- A modular design.
- Various functional components and options that can be easily configured to meet process-specific requirements.