Balluff has expanded its popular Factor 1 series of inductive proximity sensors to now include a weld-immune Factor 1+ version with longer sensing distances. According to the company, Factor 1+ sensors incorporate a multi coil design that enables them to sense all metals — both ferrous and non-ferrous — at the same distance without the need to de-rate the sensing distance based on target material. The sensors’ additional features include:
- Greater switching distances for increased performance.
- Saves time during installation because adjustments are minimal.
- Greater reliability, even if the detected objects vibrate.
- Housing and sensor identification optimized to meet requirements in the automobile industry.
- Ideal for applications where various metallic targets are used (steel, AL, CuZn and Cu).
- Suitability for welding applications.
- A PTFE coating helps protect the sensor from weld slag and weld flash generated during the welding process.