ALMO Process Technology offers an updated version of the concept-based Mogensen sizer (developed in 1947 by Fredrik Mogensen, Ph.D., Engineering.), which is based on the principle that different sized particles have different probabilities through a screen. According to the company, the updated version of the sizer is characterized by:
- With sloped screen decks, the capacity of a specific area is achieved and particles have freedom of movement.
- The output ports have been redesigned for material flow optimization and also feature larger inspection ports and fixed fastenings.
- The vibration system provides increased capacity through prevention of plugged mesh opening and is designed to prevent vibration from being transmitted to the plant structure.
- The screen tensioning system relies on a simplified concept to ensure correct tension to the screens.
- In addition to improved screen tension accuracy, the simplified concept results in reduced maintenance time and an improved ability to withstand dust.
- The newly redesigned dust covers are ergonomic, easy to handle and approved for food processing applications.
- Quick-acting locks eliminate assembly time.
- The robust cover design is scratch-resistant and withstands heat of 185°F.