Balluff’s Micropulse TA12 explosion-proof linear position transducer now has IECEx hazardous-area approval rating, in addition to existing ATEX and North American approvals, expanding the acceptability for the Balluff TA12 transducer for worldwide use in applications where hazardous gases and/or dusts are present. According to the company, the Micropulse TA12 is:
- A non-contact linear position sensor with a compact, explosion-proof housing.
- Specifically designed for continuous feedback on hydraulically and pneumatically actuated valves for oil and gas refining, storage, transport and handling.
- Designed for both extended duty and quick replacement — key attributes in the busy energy sector.
- Characterized by a long life and maximum production uptime — in the rare instance where the unit does require service, the TA12 incorporates its electronics and sensing hardware in a Rapid Replacement Module (RRM) that allows fast field repairs by the customer.
- Available with a wide array of control signal interface options, including analog voltage and current, start/stop pulse digital, synchronous serial digital, digital quadrature, and digital field buses such as Profibus and CANbus.