Larson Electronics’ Magnalight.com has announced the introduction of a 100-foot-long, explosion-proof extension cord equipped with three receptacles to its line of explosion-proof equipment accessories. According to the company, the extension cord:
- Incorporates a robust design and three explosion-proof outlets to provide a highly convenient and safe method of connecting multiple devices from one power source.
- Is designed to allow operators to connect up to three devices to one power source while providing approved explosion-proof protection in Class 1 Division 1 and 2 locations.
- Is chemical- and abrasion-resistant and comprised of heavy-duty, 14/3 SOOW explosion-proof cord mated with three explosion-proof aluminum receptacles and a single standard T-style explosion-proof plug.
- Comes with an extra explosion-proof plug for installation on existing devices, which provides operators with the assurance their equipment will connect and operate with this unit.
- Is popularly used with explosion-proof lighting and allows multiple fixtures to be connected with a minimum of excess cord left, which could pose an obstacle or safety hazard.