W. L. Gore & Associates introduces a new generation of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) membranes in high-density polyethylene (HDPE) cartridge filters for the manufacture of high-purity chemicals. According to the company, these filters additionally offer:
- 150 up to 400 percent improvement in flow capabilities over competitive filter technology at the same retention rating.
- Gore’s expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) membrane technology that provides various combinations of retention and flow performance.
- Construction of all components from PTFE or HDPE to ensure low organic and metal ion extractables.
- Availability in 3 retention ratings — 0.1 µm, 30 nm and 20 nm.
- The flexibility to be used as drop-in replacements for existing filters.
- Ideal suitability for high-turnover recirculation filter systems, or as the final filter in high-throughput chemical filling and packaging systems.