Electro Static Technology’s new AEGIS™ Shaft Voltage Test Kit makes it easier than ever to measure and document damaging VFD-induced voltages, while there is still time to stop bearing damage and equipment downtime. According to the company, the kit:
- Can test every VFD-controlled motor in a production plant, office building, mechanical room, or anywhere else where VFD-driven motors are operating.
- Provides a powerful tool for maintenance personnel, testing contractors, and anyone who needs to determine and convince others that a motor is or is not subject to stray shaft voltages great enough to harm motor bearings.
- Is the result of a collaboration between Electro Static Technology (EST) and Fluke Corp., and is available from both companies.
- Includes a special replaceable probe tip, which contains high-density conductive microfibers that ensure continuous contact with a rotating motor shaft for highly-accurate voltage readings on rotating equipment.
- Extends motor life by diverting shaft currents safely to ground, thus ensuring the reliable, long-term operation of the VFD-driven motor system and locking in energy savings to make the system sustainable and truly “green.”