Standard-Knapp, a worldwide leader in the manufacture of innovative packaging machinery, announces its 939S Versatron™ with a new lowering head module that is ideal for packers looking for solutions that are gentler than drop packing for their more fragile “green” containers. According to the company, the 939S Versatron™ Soft Catch Servo Case Packer:
- Is rapidly becoming the industry standard, with technology that enables packers to handle the thinner, lightweight, and more fragile glass containers being used in the move towards greener, more sustainable packaging.
- Minimizes the amount of material needed for container partitions, and major national retail chains have achieved savings as high as 10 percent in the cost of a case.
- Shares the features of all Standard-Knapp packers, which include long life, easy operations, maintenance that makes changeover simple and fast, excellent and easy-to-use human machine interface (HMI), and outstanding customer service.
- Features the lowering head module that can pick up bottles and other containers and carry them to the packing area, where they can be packed in the case without dropping.
- Places the container all the way to the bottom of the case at 30 cycles per minute — the fastest rate among lowering head machines.
- Was designed primarily with wine, liquor, and beer containers in mind, and it can also handle locking-shape containers.