Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.’s Thermo Scientific CV2000 automated aliquoting liquid handler is a newly developed, second-generation platform that enhances laboratory efficiency through workflow automation. According to the company, the CV2000™:
- Can accurately dispense liquid volumes from 100 to 875 µL and process up to 1,000 samples per hour.
- Features a robotic arm and rotary height sensors, so it fits easily into automated workflows to boost sample throughput.
- Is compatible with a wide variety of sample management software, but can also be used as a stand-alone instrument.
- Effectively manages samples to boost efficiency and productivity with zero cross-contamination.
- Is fully compatible with multiple rack formats, and allows users to change the loading and dispensing routine to suit their needs.
- Features a unique tip-preservation system that allows the instrument to only discharge used tips, reducing waste while eliminating contamination.
- Is capable of holding up to 300 samples and accommodating both 45 and 90 mL urine containers.
- Can automate the process of aliquoting urine from primary samples to analyzer racks.
- Creates a batch report that is compatible with downstream analysis instrumentation, which is used to process the urine samples.