New, fully integrated differential pressure (DP) flow meters from Orange Research are compact and rugged, with directly connected, large-throated, non-clogging flow nozzles. According to the company, at half the cost, this long life, wear-resistant design is superior to over-sized, over-priced products and additionally offers:
- A unique integrated design, so ordering, installation, and maintenance is simplified — simply select desired flow rate and material and everything is supplied in one compact package.
- Large, low-pressure-drop flow nozzles; easy-to-read 3.5-inch dials; versatile ½-inch to 2-inch NPT porting; and a choice of brass, stainless steel, or aluminum bodies suitable for a wide range of applications.
- A long-life, wear-resistant design with a rounded leading face that reduces turbulence and backpressure, resulting in relatively low pressure drop.
- A low-cost solution that wears better than sharp-edged orifice plates (which often change readings over time due to wear, even with non-abrasive fluids) and competes with the performance of prohibitively expensive venturis.
- Availability in three models: 2510FG (0-5 to 0-10 GPM), 2520FG (0-15 to 0-40 GPM), and 2530FG 0-50 to 0-200 GPM).
- A maximum line pressure of 275 psi, accuracy of 2 percent F.S., maximum pressure drop of 5 psid, and turndown of 5:1.