Neptune Mixer has designed its F Series mixers to allow them to be inserted into the 2-inch bung of a standard 55-gallon steel drum and then clamped to the drum’s lip, resulting in easy and efficient mixing of water-like solutions. According to the company, other highlights of the mixer include:
- Time mixing operations performed at speeds up to 1,750 RPMS.
- The 316 stainless steel folding propeller, which can be inserted into the bung when closed, and once inserted, opens to a diameter of 3-3/4 inches.
- Availability in 4 totally enclosed, fan-cooled models — the F-1.0, F-2.0, F-3.0 or F-3.2 — that feature horsepowers ranging from 1/4 to 1/2, as well as a 1/2-HP explosion-proof model (F3.1) that satisfies Class 1, Group D (EP) requirements.
- An air motor, available in 1/4- and 1/2-HP sizes, with air requirements from 10 to 20 CFM at 40 to 80 PSI, on the F-4.0 model.
- Long life and trouble-free service for a wide variety of blending and mixing operations. Suitability for waste treatment, water treatment and batch-chemical operations in which paints, varnishes, polymers, textile sizes and dyes, pharmaceuticals, soaps and countless other materials with viscosities ranging from 1 to more than 25,000 cPs need to be mixed or blended.