Trelleborg’s Turcon® MF6 and Zurcon® Z431 PEEK™ seal and bearing materials have third-party verified declaration of conformance to the latest version of 3-A Sanitary Standard 20-27. The materials’ key features include:
- Capable of withstanding high temperatures and the
cleaning regimes used in food and beverage manufacturing, these compounds
provide excellent tribological and sealing capabilities, extending seal and
bearing life in hygienic dynamic applications.
- Suitable for a wide range of seal profiles, scrapers and wear rings, Turcon® MF6 is part of the Trelleborg Sealing Solutions Turcon® MF range of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) based sealing materials formulated for food contact, pharmaceutical and medical applications.
- The new Zurcon® Z431 PEEK™ is ideal for valve and bearing applications.
- The Turcon® MF6 and Zurcon® Z431 PEEK™ materials passed 3-A cleanability response and product immersion tests according to 3-A Sanitary Standard number 20-27; migration tests for aqueous, acidic and fatty foods in repeated contact according to directive 2002/72/EC; sensory tests at 90 cm2 per liter/52.8 in2 per gallon surface/volume ratio at +95°C/+203°F for 30 minutes; and FDA extraction tests according to 21CFR177.2415.
- Turcon® MF6 compound is listed by NSF International as conforming to the requirements of NSF/ANSI Standard 51-Food Equipment Materials.