American Sensor Technologies has enhanced its AST4600 and AST46HA Series explosion-proof pressure transmitters with new pressure ranges, materials and options. According to the company, the series is now highlighted by:
- Extended pressure ranges from 0 to 2.5 PSI up to 20,000 PSI, so the transmitters can withstand high-pressure, high-cycle applications in the drilling of deeper wells, amongst other tasks.
- A failure mode indicator option on the AST64H that allows you to choose an output signal that rails or drops during a fault condition, giving you better control on how your systems react if sensors fail.
- Construction from Inconel 718, 17-4 PH or 316 L stainless steel, in addition to the Waspalloy wetted material option, which is a cobalt-based alloy material offering corrosion resistance to H2 and H2S.
- Vented gauge reference to allow for low-pressure ranges.
- Availability of F250C female process ports for robust high-pressure process connections.
- Class 1, Div. 1, Groups A, B, C, D approvals for the AST46HA that make the transmitter suitable for use in acetylene and hydrogen environments.
- Sealed-gauge versions approved for Class 2, Div. 1 Groups A, B, C, D for mining applications and installations.