The RotoDrawer™, according to Industrial Magnetics, Inc., is a rotary-style drawer-in-housing magnet designed to remove ferrous metal from powder and bulk processed products that have difficult flow characteristics and a tendency to bridge and choke. The product additionally:
- Is ideal for products such as flours, cake mixes or corn starch that require a high degree of product purity but have a higher moisture content or particle size, making them difficult to process through stationary tube magnet housings.
- Features sputter bars and a motorized, cylindrical configuration of Rare Earth magnetic tubes that continually rotate through a gravity-fed product stream.
- Facilitates the break-up of any clumps of product and keeps the flow moving through the housing while capturing ferrous metal contamination and purifying the product.
- Is available in either an EZ-clean or self-cleaning design to simplify the removal of collected metal and prevent any metal wash-off back into the product stream.
- Features inlets and outlets ranging in size from 8 by 8 inches to 18 by 18 inches, with custom designs and sizes available to fit exact application requirements.