KIN-TEK Laboratories says that its Span Pac™ H2O-R moisture standards generators create known calibration standards of trace moisture in reactive gases, such as chlorine and HCL. These systems also incorporate:
- Trace Source™ permeation tubes to dynamically add a known amount of water vapor to a flow of dried reactive matrix gas.
- Concentrations from less than 10 PPB to more than 100 PPM by selecting the suitable permeation tubes.
- The creation of a base moisture standard by permitting a small amount of dry inert gas to flow over the Trace Source™ permeation tube, then adding a variable portion of the base mixture to the reactive gas flow — the calibration is based on the change in concentration.
- Multi-point calibrations over a 400:1 range at any concentration level.
- Compensation for residual moisture in the dry matrix gas.
- NIST-traceable mixture concentrations through physical standards.
- Suitability for applications that include on-site moisture monitor calibration, as well as controlled atmosphere production for catalysis studies, corrosion rate studies and filter capacity tests.