According to Radio Frequency Co., its Macrowave™ radio frequency drying system provides greater efficiency than conventional web dryers, while enabling the high-speed drying of water-based patterned glue and coatings at line speeds previously reached only with solvent-based coatings. The company also says that the Macrowaveä boasts:
- Operation at web speeds up to 1,500 FPM.
- The power to selectively heat only the coated portions on the web, leaving the bound moisture in the substrate intact, preventing over-drying, discoloration, distortion and shrinkage in patterned coating applications.
- Elimination of the long dwell times associated with conventional drying methods because radio frequency power performs instant on/off functionality and energy is only consumed in proportion to load.
- The flexibility to be configured to handle webs up to 120 inches (W).
- A requirement for only one-fifth to one-third of the floor space required for some comparable dryers, permitting lower web temperatures and providing up to 50 percent in energy savings.
- Compliance with OSHA safety regulations and FCC standards on communication non-interference.