Martin Engineering’s modular EVO® conveyor guards enable workers to do their jobs with less risk and more efficiency, while helping to ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations. These conveyor guards are further highlighted by:
- Component designs that help keep personnel safe by restricting access to moving parts and pinch points.
- User-friendly standardized panels that take a systematic approach to guarding, with the flexibility to fit virtually any conveyor design.
- Wedge clamps to allow the guarding panels to be removed and reinstalled quickly and easily, so systems can be expanded or relocated as needed.
- A self-supporting, modular design that installs on supplied angle iron structure, eliminating the need to attach directly to conveyor equipment.
- Integrated handles to reduce the number of parts and tools required.
- Panel sizes, which can be used in various combinations to accommodate unique and even custom-designed conveyor systems, from 11 by 17 inches up to 36 by 50 inches.
- The flexibility to specify orange powder-coating or safety yellow paint.
- Availability of a variety of wedge bolts and bracket sizes to suit a range of mounting options.
- Compliance with MSHA Safety Standards 56.14107 (moving machine parts), 56.14110 (flying or falling material), 56.14112 (guard construction), 75.1722 (mechanical equipment guards) and 77.4400 (mechanical equipment guards), in addition to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.217 when installed with a minimum of 5.50 inches of clearance between the guard opening and hazard.