Watson-Marlow presents its heavy-duty Bredel SPX thickener underflow pump, ideal for reliably handling a variety of harsh materials, including abrasive heavy metal slurries and corrosive cyanide, copper sulfate and methylcellulose. According to the company, its self-priming Bredel SPX peristaltic hose pump is also further characterized by:
- The capacity to handle the thickener underflow and various metallurgical acid slurries typically used in mining operations without damage to the working parts of the pump.
- The power to save millions of gallons of water as the pump can withstand very high solids content, which eliminates the requirement to treat this wastewater.
- Flow rates from 0.1 microliter to 350 GPM, as well as pressures up to 232 PSI.
- Metering with a repeatability of 99.5 percent.
- The capability to reverse flow for back flushing lines, in addition to run dry indefinitely without damage.
- A virtually maintenance-free design without expensive impellers, liners or mechanical seals to replace; check valves to clog; or rotors and stators to wear out.
- No internal universal joints, valves, dead corners or glands to impede flow.